In Year Transfers

An in year admission is when a parent wishes to apply for a place at a school outside of the usual age phase transfer time from primary to secondary school or from first to middle, or middle to high school. This is usually because the child is moving to a different address or is new to the country but can be for other reasons as well. These moves usually take place during the academic year which is why they are referred to as “in year” admissions.
Newcastle City Council co-ordinates the application process for all Newcastle maintained schools and academies